Tuesday, 1 April 2008

Hypoglycemic oddities

What's the wierdest thing you ever did when your blood sugar got too low?

A couple of years back I woke up in the middle of the night and knew I was in trouble because I was swimming backstroke through a large puddle of perspiration. Jumped out of bed and headed for the kitchen. Stopped for a leak en route. When I got back to bed the woman of my dreams asked me why I'd been so long, but I shrugged it off because everybody knows that time moves a little strangely when you're a couple of points away from heaven.

The next morning I stopped at my study en route to the kitchen, only to find that I had used my bin as a receptacle for my midnight bladder evacuation. That was bad enough, but the wire bin in my office did not do a particularly great job of containing all the fluid!

No comments: